Sunday, September 20, 2009

the rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated..

this blog is not dead. i've just been really busy and lazy. when life moves forward and there is no pause button, things tend to prioritize themselves out accordingly. but at the same time, i enjoy blogging so i don't know why i haven't done much of it lately. and frankly, with being unemployed and taking a year off, i should have time for this. and with everyone moving on in life, it makes more sense that at the very least, we'll keep in touch via technology. but yes, hopefully i can blog regularly again and about more than just the mundaneness that is law school application/studying.

but anyways, here is the most recent update on my life. yes, i am taking the year off and home, but i've been in law school beast mode throughout the last 2-3 weeks. i've gotten a good chunk of all the apps and what not out of the way (ie: the tedious stuff) but i still got the personal statement, optional essays, my LSAT (dec 5) and financial aid stuff to take care of. hopefully once the fee waiver goes through, that will give me the green light to send in all 20+ of my applications. yes, you read that right.

i do have my different worries about these different tasks that await me. for the personal statement, i feel so awkward and at an impasse essentially having to boast and "market" myself. obviously i can't write everything in that limit so every word, every character counts. never has an essay been this simple but so... scary? as for my LSATs, i'm banking it on just this december's exam date.. because this is the only test i'm taking on time, and it is the last exam date that the elite schools accept, my chances for enrolling for fall '10 rides on this one shot.. otherwise i'll be looking at another year off and who knows what that will bring.

this is pretty much what consumes my free time, and it would consume my life if it wasn't for proverbs 19:21 (look it up!). it gives me perspective. it gives me peace. it quiets my worries and comforts me.



2 comments:

Sam said...

20+ is quite a lot. Keep up the beast mode.

jonbaik said...

Beast mode + Full Throttle. give'em hell Brian.